Yavapai County Democratic Party
Inspire Empower Act
Promoting the vision of the Democratic Party,
supporting Democratic candidates for local, state, and national offices, and
The Senate bill:
* Allows the application of emergency Employment Insurance funds to help workers and small busineses cope with disruptions.
* Requires all employers to allow employees to earn up to seven days of paid sick leave, and provide 14 days of immediate paid leave in the event of a public-health emergency.
* Allows payment deferral of up to six months on federally insured or guaranteed mortgages and federal student loans without additional fees, compounding interest or risk to credit scores.
* Provides special relief for small businesses and local economies, including emergency SBA grants to cover the cost of lost business and sick leave.
* Provides emergency rental assistance to prevent evictions and utility stoppages.
* Provides emergency mortgage assistance, reinstatement assistance and legal assistance for those who fall behind on payments.
* Establishes supplemental federal housing support to provide direct aid to housing authorities and other organizations to ensure resident safety and maintain housing for those falling behind and vulnerable populations.
* Provides food-security measures to assist low-income and vulnerable populations in
maintaining nutrition and support food distribution.
The House bill:
* Provides supplemental funding for food assistance and to reinforce food distribution for children and low-income seniors.
* Suspends work requirements and provides emergency benefits for SNAP recipients.
* Provides for emergency paid sick days for those who are sick, quarantined or can't work due to school closings.
* Provides emergency unemployment compensation and administration infrastructure.
* Adds protections for healthcare workers.
* Requires health-insurance plans to cover COVID-19 testing and waive copays.
* Covers no-cost testing for the uninsured.
If implemented, these proposals will help us all maintain the health of our families, our communities and our economy as we weather this crisis. We urge you to express your support by calling your US Representatives and Senators at the numbers below.
John Lutes, Chair
Yavapai County Democratic Party
Read Official Statement for Arizona Democratic Party
Release date: March 14, 2020
The Yavapai County Democrats support the efforts by Congressional Democrats to have the federal government provide assistance to those who find their livelihoods and housing threatened by work stoppages related to the coronavirus pandemic.
So far we in northern Arizona are experiencing relatively low risk from the virus, but we should expect that it will come and plan accordingly, including the avoidance of large public meetings.
Statement from our Party Chair John Lutes on Covid19
Find upcoming YCDP events and affiliated
Democratic events in the county
Our monthly meeting for March has been canceled.
The Thumb Butte Roudup
has been rescheduled for:
May 14, 5-8pm
Elks Theatre - Top of the Elks Ballroom
Catering by El Gato Azul
Tickets $50 per person
Buy tickets HERE
March 17 - Presidential Preference Election -Pols open 6am -7pm
NOTE: You must be a registered Democrat to vote in the March 17th election.
August 4 - Primary Election - Register to Vote: Deadline July 6.
November 3 - General Election - Register to Vote: Deadline Oct 5.
“a person who expresses a willingness to undertake a service.”
You do not volunteer for the pursuit of a monetary prize or recognition.
You volunteer because the optimist inside you, perhaps the idealist, spies a glimmer of hope.
You understand that you are helping. You see that your time is worth it.
You believe that you are capable of inciting change and making progress.
If any of these describe you then we need your help.
Yavapai County Democrats foundation is built on the hard work of your volunteers. We have countless ways you can contribute.
Visit our Volunteer page here.